So of course things couldn't go well for too long without something causing a problem :-/

I took the manifolds off and the alternator so I could clean up some bits to paint the block and manifolds and was greeted with this...

The bolt I used to tighten down the ends was too short so it actually ripped out this side and toasted 3 or 4 threads on the other side. This side has about 5-6 threads left and the other has 7-8. of what I think originally was 10. I did the best I could to salvage it and clean it out and went and bought some studs to put into it like I should've done in the first damn place but the studs seems sturdy enough. I'm not sure how tight I'll be able to make these ends (the chiltons book says 35 ft/lbs) for all of these bolts. I'm just praying it doesn't cause an exhaust/boost leak.

Otherwise I'm going to have to probably drill it out for a bigger size and drill the manifold or have a machine shop weld, plane, and retap it. I'm halfway considering jb welding around the inserted bolt just to give it a little more thread :-/

Anyway, here's the state of the engine with the studs in

and I drilled and tapped the two ports on the offenhauser for 6AN and 8AN fittings today just so I wouldn't have ganked and cut bolts stuck there and instead of ports I could actually use for a boost gauge or something.

Last edited by snowman4839; 07/08/18 07:32 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.