Originally Posted By: panic
Between the compressor discharge and the manifold will work, but it's dangerous - full of combustible mixture, and a bad spark setting, hung valve or backfire will explode everything including the blower case.
The usual compromise is to have only air enter the blower case (GMC: on top, Eaton: in back), and the (pressurized) discharge pass through a remote intercooler (has to be in air stream, usually ahead of the radiator) which then supplies a "hat" over the carburetor's air horn. The bottom of the blower case can end in a simple box covering the whole bolt pattern and ending in a big tube passing sideways (to avoid the blower drive) then forward to the cooler.
A cheap intercooler is JY stuff or Chinese on eBay, some factory diesel coolers work OK. The piping to & from the cooler is typically 3" aluminum tube with rubber sleeves and screw lamps, no rocket science.
A Holley, Carter etc. 4 bbl. with the usual 5-1/8" top on a Clifford etc. 4 bbl. manifold will do nicely. It could blow through 3 X 2 bbls. but lots of extra work and you can buy all the 4 bbl. parts including a carburetor set up for blow-through.

It won't be as pretty, but more power with the same boost pressure.

Sorry mick, panic is totally right. The intercooled supercharger setups I'm thinking of basically require multi port fuel injection or any other type of injection where the fuel is added AFTER the blower/intercooler. Running a a charged mixture through an intercooler as you would with throttle body fuel injection or carbureted setups is not something I would consider very safe or really something I've ever seen. You should basically consider any part of the intake that has fuel in it a no-go for intercooling. It should just be heading directly to the heads at that point.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.