Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
There are lots of old diesel generators out there. If you get some info from the set we can have some fun. There are other sites that cover this stuff better than here but now we need an answer here. smile
Many years ago we visited Scotty's Castle in Death Valley. The house tour was good but since we've been making our own power here since 1972 the tour of the Power House was way more interesting to me. There were a couple of gen sets with engines but the main one was water driven from a huge spring above the ranch. It was hard getting me out of there.

Well I found out from the Village President today that they have tried to find a grant to replace it because it is quite old. Someone left the door open to it on a winter night and the coolant water froze and cracked the water neck. They could not find a replacement part for it, but were able to epoxy it successfully. So identifying it and some source for used parts would be major bonus points with the boss for me. So I gotta find a tag on it when I'm in next I guess.