Been a while since I've posted on this thread. I got the research done on the roller cam setup and it won't help me on THIS project, but I know a couple of things for the next time IF there is a next time. Roller cam for this project is on the back burner for now, UNLESS "SOMEBODY" is willing to let me buy that camshaft they have put back for future use.

I picked up a clean used 153" block today, so I can have it machined and I won't have to sideline Lockjaw while the new engine is assembled. Just $50.00 and it's needing only a bore and deck height set.

I've toyed with the idea of turbocharging it. I have a complete Buick V6 turbo outfit that will adapt and give it some serious boost, but I'm leaning again toward NA to keep it caveman simple.

The crank is back, stroked and indexed with a balancer bolt hole drilled and tapped, polished and balanced. Got rods from tLowe and a Cloyes straight cut timing set,procured locally, a set of Comp Cams roller rockers, and an ATI harmonic balancer for it.

I had a relapse, or actually a new health issue with the bad foot and I'm back on the knee scooter or crutches for a while again, but the new shop is up and working and ALL of my toys are now inside and where I can work on them when I'm able.

I'm STILL in the market for that roller camshaft!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary