I'm a new forum member here, and posting the standard obligatory "Hey, I'm a new forum member" post. blush

This forum doesn't look too busy.

When I was looking for an Art Deco era truck, the beautiful blue with black fenders that is pictured on the banner had caught my attention early in my search. It really is a beautiful truck.

The truck I bought is more on the original side, has old patina, was painted with Rustoleum using a brush from the looks of it, and in general just an 'ol '46 pickup. Came from North Carolina where it lived most all of it's life on a farm, then lived for about a year in Missouri, and now will be in California for the remainder of it's life...maybe the remainder of my life would be more accurate... wink

I look forward to exchanging information with like minded folks that like to tinker and work on their trucks. My intention is to drive this, not restore it to it's original glory, so this truck will be a driver.

Initially I had a ground problem, and ended up replacing the battery cables 2/0 as my truck is still 6 volt. This seems to have fixed the intermittent starting problem I was seeing.

Now I'm looking at the brakes so I can get it road friendly and finish my registration.

The truck has a '55-'62 235 in it, but not too much of the electronics are working, that will be on my list of things to do...it has a gas tank in the bed, but the original is still under the seat also...

Here's a few videos the seller posted when I bought the truck, I moved them over to my YouTube account. Let see if this works.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 08/11/21 04:45 PM. Reason: Change title, I'm not really a new member anymore!

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup