Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
It looks like a pretty solid and unmolested old truck. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing more.

I agree, but haven't been able to spend too much time with it yet after I got the ground issue fixed on the starter/engine.

I just noticed that playlist didn't work correctly on YT, so I just added the separate videos.

Originally Posted By: stock49
On our forums we're striving for quality not quantity . . .

Not a problem for me. Actually I've run into a bit of adversity in regard to Chevy forums. I try to be considerate to others and leave respectable posts, but on Stovebolt the moderation was very heavy handed, like 1 out of 10 threads being locked...The way the moderators deals with issues over there is unacceptable. They modified a message I posted but the moderator told me he didn't have the time or could he take the time to make a notation. That was my last use of Stovebolt.

I tried the VCCA Chat Forums, but it was more like a group of old Grandmas at the knitting group trying to figure out how to "knit one, purl two". They banned me for about 5 days because they said I was "not being civil and several members complained about my attitude". The last thread I was in they were splitting hairs over my truck not being "original" because it has a newer 235 engine in it, or that I plan to upgrade the ring/pinion to a 3.55:1 set to make it more highway friendly which was not original. I felt a bit bad, my truck has "radials" on it. They treated my truck as it was a "hot rod". I never wanted to go to any car show and understand how these vehicles are judges, it just doesn't interest me. I looked at a few restored trucks that were nicer than mine, but to me they were not original, at least my truck is pretty unmolested, as BOP points out...I feel so also...it is a 72 year old truck. I like the patina, I like the cracked windows, I like the dings and dents...but I want to make it mechanically sound, upgrade the rear end (I have the ring/pinion already), brakes working, all the gauges working, and drive it...

Originally Posted By: stock49
Welcome aboard. Your '46 is a nice find. Glad you're gonna drive it. That's what they were made for.

I'm not looking for any drama, I have enough of that in my life already...was just looking for like minded people with old trucks that work on them and drive them. Maintaining and working on old trucks is an art in itself, something I'm not new to, but new to Art Deco era pickups...and looking for people that are familiar with it, who won't treat me like a little kid on the Internet and are capable of holding a rational conversation.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup