There is another friendly site you could try. Rusty Bowtie ( HERE ) is mostly more modern V8-auto "street rod" style but they are very open friendly guys. There is a ton of skill there and some off topic discussions. It is a small group. One of the best things is a list of links to other sites and parts venders put up by members. It is about Chevys/GM but there is a place for others too. No drama at all.

Some of those "antique" sites think they are protecting the purity of their brand. That do tend to get picky. I joined HET (Hudson-Essex-Teraplane) site to get help with my 1919 Essex racer build. I got none. The Studebaker Drivers club is a great group. If it was ever a Studebaker it it still a Studebaker with them though there are purest there we were welcomed with my son's modified '54 station wagon. There is another Stude club that is not so friendly.
As said before this place is mostly about engines though we are interested where they are it's about interest and not judgment. They are still letting me stick around maybe against better judgement. laugh

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain