Been busy working to make money to put into the Camaro, and busy working on it every free moment. Currently I'm replacing the bend driver side hood hinge with a new one, and dealing with an alternator belt that just loves sliding on the pulley (or pulleys?). Looking back I've fixed the original horn, the driver seat track, parking brake, and windshield washer. In addition to adding a spoiler, AM/FM mp3 radio, tachometer, clutch fan, and the Z28 stock cat-back dual resonators.

I've been trying to tune the engine to try to get it behave like a real car. I think the idle set screw was leaking around the threads and added some teflon to keep it from self-tightening itself while driving. I'm not sure if the guy who the previous owner had rebuild the Monojet re-installed the choke properly, and have been trying to get it to stay on long enough and on the right cam step to properly warm up the engine.

On the timing end of things I've added the heavy and medium springs from my Accel kit along with 20* adjustable vacuum advance (haven't had time and wife available to check the curve going up to 3000rpm yet). I don't have the EGR or catalytic converter on it, but everything else is stock and I'm at 823 feet above sea level. I have the Crane plate to limit the vacuum advance but hadn't changed the 20* max yet. I've seen some recommendations to limit it to 12* when you don't have an EGR. Currently I have the initial advance at 12* right now, up from the stock setting of 6* for manual/no-AC. And kept the 800rpm base idle. The idle is still not steady, tends to stumble up and down about 100rpm and sound a bit lumpy. I was wondering how that compares to how others have their's set?

Last edited by Lifeguard; 04/16/19 12:29 PM.