hello -- i'm the fool that does the http://195.6ohv.com site on the rambler six... i've been an inliners (forum) member for 10 years or so but stopped checking in for a while when the site was changing... but looks like it's back and so am i.

i've made a lot of changes to the site in May 2019. still running the engine built by Pete Fleming, and pushing it harder than any engine i've had.

most of the work has been endurance improvements. (don't matter how fast it is if it's not running). quality machine work was #1, but #2 was mainly oiling and cooling.

just today i picked up the flathead version of this same engine -- same displacement, just valve in block. (nearly all parts interchange. the OHV was a "quick upgrade" to get a few model years out of the old Nashcan six 'til the new AMC could get the new engine shipped.) it's an economy version of the Nash "Flying Scot" (lol). might be getting a 58 American with flathead and auto as the fun slow car.

the "fast" 195.6 OHV is currently in my roadster. 5 speed behind it, super mods to the suspension, it handles very nicely for what it is.