Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Sometimes we need to make them roll just to renew the excitement. I'll probably use the Huck brakes on the front of my roadster partly because the wheels I want to use will fit the drums.

The Bendix brakes are a direct replacement for the fronts, if you can find some. There is a 1/4" difference between width though, 1-3/4" vs. 2" on the Bendix.

If you look at the design, the Bendix makes a lot more sense as it doesn't really pivot, they slide in/out. I'm sure you know that BOTP, and I suspect the reason you're using them is the same reason I am...because I have all the parts in hand at the moment... smirk

I've been appreciating some of the roadsters out there, that looks like a fun project...but I had better stick with this project as I have my hands full with my lake project. I can't wait to have the 'ol '46 up at the lake, puttering down to the hardware store along the lake, picking up some hardware and supplies, puttering back around the lake to work on the house...it all sounds magical...but life rarely works out so well... laugh

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup