Ok, it seems that I may have discovered my starting problem. When Since I got the truck I have experienced intermittent starting issues, and have always assumed it was the ground.

After getting everything back together, I couldn't get it started, and unintentionally broke the selector knob off the battery charger. No good deed goes unpunished as they say... smirk

I ordered a new switch, installed it a couple days later, only to be faced with the same "my starter has no b@!!$" and couldn't turn it over.

Went back the next day and took the starter off, attached the battery charger with 6 volts 60 amps and I could reliably pretty the starter switch button and it worked. So, I instantly thought I would put it back on and test it again, only to find out the threaded copper post which the battery positive connect to was spinning as I was tightening it. I looked at this one at home and it seems it isn't made to spin as there is no way to tighten.

DISCLAIMER: this is NOT the bad switch, that one is still on the starter. This was with old parts in the glove box. This switch seems like a "consumable". blush

So I ordered a new switch from Jim Carter and will test that when it arrives, supposed to be here on Thurs.

If this fixes the starter problem, it will be a big relief. I thought I had that fixed with new cables, but after it sat for a couple months while I procrastinated on the brakes, it seems it didn't fix it.

Rather than a ground problem, it could very well be a positive problems...arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh! wink

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup