Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Yeah, battery and generator. I like generators in old stuff because if the battery fails you can push start them. 15 seconds is conservative in the sense that you can do several shorter cranks. I don't think changing the flywheel in order to use a 12v starter is worth the effort.

Can't an alternator be push started?

I pulled the rebuilt 6 volt starter back off the truck, it's on it's way back to MO to be replaced with a 12 volt version. I think I'm going to go alternator as it's quite a bit cheaper. They do have 12 volt generators but those are about $400. The 60 amp alternator is only about $100.

I will need a voltage regulator, voltage reducer for fuel gauge, voltage reducer on wire going to ignition points as well as using voltage reducers on any other accessories like radio (NO) or header (NO). I have a heater that came with it, but it's not hooked up and I am not sure there's electricity on it.

I will sheepishly admit that you mentioned converting it to 12 volt shortly after I got it and posted here. I guess I just needed some time to chew on it... blush

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup