Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
If your pickup has turn signals they were added later and evidently used the parking lights in the head lights.

Kinda, but not exactly. On the AK Series there are lights on top of the headlights and those are typically used for the turn signals. I am not clear what those were originally, they could have been for running lights, that I am not exactly clear on. that is one of the Art Deco features of the AK Series.

In the rear they use the stop lights. So both park lights will be hooked into the turn signal switch.

That is probably accurate on my truck. I haven't traced down any of the wires, but know that not much of the lights are working.

It will start and run with no generator or alternator or battery charger if the battery is good and charged. Lights will work as well as all other electrical equipment. It will work until the battery is dead then you will have to charge it.

That's an interesting comment as with no charge on the battery the AMP meter will blow I'm told. This must have something to do with the generator vs. the alternator.

Thanks for the help guys, I don't think I need to change too much wiring, the 2 wires are still used from the generator similar to how they were. The difference is the voltage regulator is removed from the picture and the field needs to get hooked to the voltage regulator out going to the Ammeter.

Last edited by Keroppi; 09/23/19 04:16 PM.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup