Originally Posted By: Keroppi

Sure I can! I think you may have misunderstood. I used the armature wire, but I'm only using the wire in the harness to run from the battery post on the alternator to the battery out on the voltage regulator. It's not using the voltage regulator. As I mentioned I will just crimp a coupler connector and remove the voltage regulator all together, but it's not being used as both the armature wire running from the alternator and the line going out of the voltage regulator are using the out as a common post to connect. It's only a wire! The voltage regulator is not being used at all.

Excellent! Glad you got your head around this. I did the same thing but kept the voltage regulator housing in the mix (as a prop) for stock looks:

It just shunts the Arm and Bat wires together. And a I used the Fld wire as a body ground.

Originally Posted By: Keroppi

Yes, this is what I was explaining above, most run the field to the ignition switch, otherwise the engine won't turn off when you turn the key off.

Exactly. There are three posts on the stock ignition. Bat, Aux1 and Aux2. If the ignition coil is wired to Aux1 the exciter wire has to go on Aux2. They cannot share a post.

regards,
stock49