Prodding along I have to ponder that nothing is hooked up to the gas tank, which is in the bed of the pickup:

If I'm not mistaken a wire needs to be connected to the round chrome disk next to the filler tube. I'm pretty sure that is the sender unit.

I think I really need to get the gauge cluster out of the dash to be able to see what is really going on.

Has anyone ever taken a gauge cluster out of a dash on an AK Series? I believe I have asked this before. This might be a question of Jim Carter, I might be pushing the limited exposure on the Inliners. Even searching on Stovebolt and ChevyTalk rendered nothing. shocked

Surprised that nothing in the shop manual explains how to get the gauge cluster out. I've been told there are a couple bolts on the back side, but I haven't been able to get to them yet.

EDIT: in case anyone reads this in the future, the voltage reducer/resister goes to the (E)mpty side of the fuel gauge. And both posts will show continuity, just different levels as it will pass through the gauge, so I was told. Steve at Jim Carter Truck Parts agreed with my assessment, that a wire should be connected to the sender on top of the gas tank, and that I should ground one of the screws to be safe.

Last edited by Keroppi; 10/07/19 06:11 PM. Reason: Talked to Steve at Jim Carter Truck Parts

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup