Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Congratulations ! Yes I think valve adjustment is in your future. It sounds a bit like a thrashing machine but some of it could just be the video.

I think it just needs adjustment to get it dialed in...

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Make sure you check the oil to the rocker shaft. That could be some of the noise. These often plugged with sludge from old oil. They even used to sell after market oiling kits to bypass clogged passages. At least you now have a runner to play with, much more fun.

I will definitely be checking all of that out when I adjust the valves. I want to get a valve cover gasket before I do that, I know it will probably come off in pieces...but for mentioning it, now it will come off nicely in one piece... wink

I have a lot of stuff to do, wiring, body work, bed replacement, windshield crank, et al...that is all in addition to basic tune-up stuff...lights, hoses, etc...I'm sure you know the list pretty well... wink

Today it gets a new battery, one that will fit the tray... wink

I have 2 primary areas where rust is really bad. Both door bottoms need to be replaced. And the bottom rear of the cab, wasn't until I pulled the seat that I could see daylight from the inside. With the seat in place no light when under the truck...some pitting along the center bead of the cab and some other rust, but I'll need to clean some of the paint off. Point being that I have my work cut out for me... crazy

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup