Ok, I'm concluding that the fuel pump is my problem, and here's why. I went down and cranked it for about a minute with a couple breaks in between, I cranked it plenty and no start.

This is what the fuel bubble looked like:

I was amazed it wasn't Hencho en China...a bit of a shocker! shocked That bubble is almost bone dry! I know I could spray starter fluid in the carb and once it gets going the fuel pump will most likely be able to pump enough to keep it running, just like it did the past couple days...but the video from yesterday shows the lack of fuel in the bubble while it's running as well. And, FWIW...Bosch was able to have the product made in Israel and be able to sell the product on the counter to me for less than $6. This concept that we can't survive unless we embrace China is a bit over the top, IMO.

RE: Jim Carter Truck Parts

Jim met a local guy that has a '37 Ambulance he drives, and a '37 Canopy he sometimes shows. Remembered him 20+ years later, the guy bought most of his parts to restore both of them from Jim. They are just very helpful, and he did offer to sell me a used fuel pump, but found a NOS in box, never used so I bought that. If I send a message to their ebay account, Jim answers, sometimes late in the evening after he's gotten home. The starter was another case in point, he rebuilt my 6v as a 12v so I would have the correct drive gear. And he turned it around in a couple days after getting my core. wink

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup