Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
There could also be an air leak in a fitting or the line between the tank and the pump. The line could be plugged with crap stirred up from being disturbed after sitting so long or if there is no filter between the tank and pump the pump it's self may be full of crap.

I was getting fuel when I started pulling the rubber off the hard line, so pretty sure it's clear but I will be replacing everything back to the tank as well. I need to ground the sender and hook the sender wire up to it as well.

I wish I would have read on Stovebolt earlier, I probably would have just switched over to an external electric fuel pump, they are cheaper and probably better in the end.

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Jim Carter sounds like the kind of outfit we have too few of today. Someone who enjoys the business he is in and gives great service in rare anymore. It's partly our fault fo usually shopping for the cheapest part. I'm guilty.

He is a good guy, but I'm sure there are people that felt they were screwed by them in the past and won't do business with them...the world is like that...because even a guy that will bend over backwards to take care of people will occasionally run into someone that just can't be pleased, or even <gasp> make a mistake themselves. He's been helpful to not only me, but others I know, so that does speak some about the guy. They're a small shop, less than a dozen people I'm pretty sure.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup