Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Or even worse the customer didn't know the year or other info for the car they were driving.

Now to make things worse for them they probably deal with a lot of people like me...it's not that I'm trying to be dumb with them, just that the truck is 73 years old, it doesn't even have the engine in it that was supposed to be there, and the one it has is put together with a different year block and head. Guys over at the VCCA don't consider mine to be original as it has parts on it that were not originally on this truck, yet my truck is actually more original than one that is completely restored...mine hasn't been repainted, just more paint slopped on with a brush...my interior is not pristine, with shiny new paint and everything looking like it did in '46, no sireee...yet mine is original from '46... whistle

This is to say, some people drive their trucks/cars to places other than a car show, and, that $#!T breaks over time and we fix it the best we can...

Bringing this back to the parts vendors...finding a good one that has run into similar issues goes a long way to solving one's problems. They have seen similar issues, they know what people have typically done to these trucks, they know how to fix some of the issues that need modern solutions as many of the older ones are not available anymore.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup