I have a '68 C-20 flatbed, originally a camper special. Originally it had a 327 and someone put a 350 -350 in it. The V8 died a few weeks ago so now I can build the 292 L6 I've been planning for years. It will get several truck up grades and be a good vintage work truck. It will be better than when it was new and nowhere near the cost of a new one.

What I'm trying to say is your truck is not a valuable collector's item. It is not stock and if you spent lots of time and money to "restore" it would not be stock it would be restored. They are only stock once! It is however a survivor and mostly the changes that have been made were done to keep it doing what it was built to do and make it a better truck. If you continue along those lines you won't go wrong.

About the brushed on paint, a friend in high school bought a '47-'48 Chevy woody. The metal was brush painted black and the wood was thickly brushed pink. We made fun of him until we helped strip the paint from the wood. It was near perfect. It was one of the nicest woodies around and he got it for almost nothing. By the way in the beginning they were all brush painted.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain