Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Yes, put the pumps near the tanks. make sure the power to them comes off the the ignition switch so you can turn them off with the key. If there is an under hood fire you don't want to have to think about shutting off the furl supply.

I wonder if it would be possible to use the connection off the alternator that goes to the ignition to determine if the alternator is running flips the dummy light on/off? I'm not sure how one would do that, but it seems there must be a way.

Just wondering why you don't put the battery back in the original place.

No particular reason, other than it's a PITA to lift the floor panel as it doesn't come all the way off, you need to tilt it open and prop it up unless you remove the pedals/shift/brake. My floor needs to be knocked into shape with a hammer and the tray is all rusted. I did get another battery to fit the tray also, but the new battery would fit under the floor. I can't think of any plus to move it back other than it frees up the firewall for something else. I'm gaining the voltage regulator space though. I agree access is not needed often, but I have been accessing it quite a bit recently. blush

One of the things I like the best about my sixes is the easy access to the plugs and distributer dour a tune up. Also to the dip stick, fuel pump and fuel filter.

I've owned cars you had to lift the engine to change the plugs. The 911 doesn't have a lot of space and it's a real chore to set the valves as you have to remove a few things to get access...this looks fairly straight forward to set the lash.

BTW, I hadn't realized this, but a guy pointed out to me that I have solid lifters, and that some people prefer that for higher performance. I had been under the impression that I have hydraulic, but that is also another quirk about my truck.

Years ago I started a thread here about my flatbed.

A local Inliner, I think he might be the President of the Bay Area Inliners, but he has a C20 (I believe) with a 292 in it. He bought it with only 60k miles on it and it had been sitting in a barn for most of it's life not running. He mentioned they run more efficient and get better gas mileage with a dual intake, but he only had a single carb on his. He did add headers and dual exhausts that made it rumble nicely. wink

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup