Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Try as I can I can not find a removable access panel on the firewall of my '53 AD or any of the other AD Cabs sitting around here. Do you have a picture of one? I'll feel soooo dumb if I've spent so many hours in the cramped space behind the dash when there was easy access.

Well, maybe I'm mistaken, but thought it was on the firewall by the steering. On the AK Series there's a voltage regulator hanging on the firewall and I was under the impression that is where the AD has an access panel. stock49 was the one that mentioned it here recently.

I could have left this stuff in longer, but it got most everything clean. Just a bit of grease left on the outside. I blew through the valves to make sure they're working and they seem to be. I can blow in through the flat side with the cross on it...opposite side of the brass cap. NOTE: even after soaking overnight in Evapo-rust, the fuel pump still tastes like gasoline... blush but I know they work in one direction, everything assembled back together.

NOTE: on this pic notice I traced the gasket so I could make a cover for the hole when I replace the fuel pump with the electric pump I ordered.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup