Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
I had to have mu '40 weighed in California to determine if I needed car or commercial plates. if it weighed under the limit I could have regular plates but haul only "personal" loads like groceries or camping gear. The never bothered me over anything I ever had in it. I Nevada now we have to report the milage we drive every year in order to license for the next year. Not far from here to a luxury tax for extra road use.

For that very reason I'm registering it as a commercial vehicle, I want it to function as a truck. I was told if you register it as a car you can't carry anything in the bed. I don't know how true that is, but that's what the DMV told me. However, they also told me that '46 needs 2 plates and on the form it clearly states that '45 and '46 only needs 1 plate (I didn't see on there at the time).

I am going down to the yard tomorrow for certain and will see about possible driving it first to see how comfortable I would be driving it, or think about loading it on the tilt-top trailer and taking it for a maiden voyage. I haven't hauled with it since getting it all functioning with new tires.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup