Guys, you haven't lost me, just been swamped with a bunch of stuff. Lost my main email server 2 nights ago, and I think I just got it rebuilt and working again...my wife's email on there also, so I was on the hook...and during all of it I forgot our Anniversary...but it's 33 years and she said 33 is not a great number anyway... smirk During all of this I finally got a new job that I start next Monday...if all of that is not enough, I got a call from PG&E yesterday morning and could be getting close to having my power line dropped to my property where I'm building in Lake County. cool

Sooo...I agree with stock, and I was able to get down there and start looking at things. There seems to be some crud in the old hard line on the frame. But tell me something, does it NEED the hard line? I ran a rubber line from the tank to the fuel pump to try and avoid that as I didn't have another hard line. But it doesn't seem to pump. I removed the tube from the tank, it goes in through the top, and that all looks good, it's cut at an angle so should pickup fuel fine, even if there was crud in the bottom of the tank. But I'm not getting fuel to the bubble filter, and as such won't run. the hose is new, so I know it's clear. It's about 6'-8' from the tank to the fuel pump though...what I wasn't sure is if the pump can't pull through such a big hose, IOW if that prevents it from getting fuel to the pump. I don't know enough about fuel systems to know... blush I might be able to blow compressed air through the old hard line and see if I can get it clear...if that is where the blockage is.

I would like to do as beater says, and clean out the tank, not exactly sure how it comes out and/or if there's a drain on the bottom, I may have to just pull the tank and drain it out the top filler. I'm not clear on how the tank is held in the bed, but suspect from underneath. There are no floor boards where the tank is. Would be nice if I could get it on a lift somewhere, but that's not so easy without it running.

One option is to replace the fuel pump with an electric, but the pressure is the same so not sure that will change too much unless the pump is fubar.

I was down with it on Sunday, but wasn't having a very good day. Finally when it got dark I left...but wasted about 5 hours running back and forth to the parts store to get some fittings.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup