Originally Posted By: mick53
I don't know much about 46's but I would suggest removing the tank and cleaning it and all the lines properly. It's no fun and not sexy but you will avoid a lot of problems in the long run. Also gives you a chance to inspect the tank for weak spots. When it starts bouncing around all kinks of stuff breaks loose and destroys your filter and maybe your pump. I found a silver dollar size chunk of solder in mine from when they soldered it together

I agree, and will need to do that...it won't be happening until about a week, looks like it's gonna be raining solid for at least a week... frown

I'm in SoCal, it rained almost the entire drive except for about 10 minutes up around Salinas. Lots of traffic already for the holiday...I'm gonna try and sneak back home on Friday. I start a new job on Monday, and it's gonna be raining all week long. If it's cleared up by a week from Sat. I can try and revisit the gas tank. I agree, it needs to be taken out entirely.

But tell me something Michael, is the 5/16" flex hose too large for the pump to get enough suction? I think I should plan on putting back in a section of hard line to be safe. I don't know if replacing the pump with an electric pump would be wise or not. I hate to change too many thing at once, I could introduce other issues...What say ye?

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup