Well after all the turmoil I wish I had gone straight for a 12 port head. Probably would have been a lot less expensive in the long run. A hybrid head would have been interesting.

I did get a few miles on the car this year, but didn't beat on it too much. It runs quite rough at idle. More like a miss than a cam roughness, and it tends to load up. A good tuner will probably make some improvements.

I managed to get 25 miles per gallon on the highway just cruising at about 60-65 miles per hour. The car is not intended to be used for drag racing, but hopefully I will get a chance to make a few passes next year just for fun.

One thing I have discovered is the the gear ratios in the TKO 500 transmission are not ideal. The super low 1st gear is a pain in the butt, was better when it was just a 4bbl and header car. I'm looking at going with a TKO 600 close ratio. Will have to crunch that a bit once I decide on rim and tire combination.

I am happy with the result, and am looking forward to tweaking it a bit after some other changes are made to the car.

With luck and a some good planning I would like to drive it to Miden in 2020.

Last edited by McGoo; 12/01/19 10:38 PM.

V8 Camaros are like navels, everybody has one.
69 Camaro EFI Turbo 250 project is running!!