Originally Posted By: mick53
I'm trying to take next year off to work on my truck. I have only been home 9 months out of the last 2 years. My goal is to get the chassis and drive train done in time to shake it out before drag week next year. We will see how that works out. I'm heading to PRI in indy tomorrow and plan on spending $15K. If I can stay in that budget I will be ok. Hopefully I will make some good connections.

While I didn't invest in my pickup like that, it was a stretch to buy it...at the time I was working for 2 months, 50 hours week and getting time and a half on those extra 10 hours a week. Unfortunately I didn't work for a year after that, so it was a bit tough to justify to my wife...luckily she's one of the most understanding woman I've ever met. She's pretty happy I'm back to work. I'm pretty close to getting the electrical service at my lake project, but have a couple things I need to do at my current house...to appease my wife and balance things out. I have a fair amount of things to do to the pickup, but won't be investing as much into her as you are, but who know, maybe that will change over time. My first priority is getting my log home in place on the foundation, as that is where the pickup will ultimately live. And hopefully it will be running reliably at that point.

What type of parts are you buying, seems you had most of the stuff you needed?

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup