Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Congratulations! Any win with the DMV is cause to celebrate I don't care what state you are in.

Ain't that the truth! wink

I think I might only need to pay $45/year for reg fees, but not sure yet until I get my tags back. I only had to pay $45 today for the regs this year, however my initial pay was about $1,000 including taxes. They had in the system for me that I owe $540 because it was never finalized since last year, and Oct. was when the regs ran out...so they had a bunch of charges...strange thing is I was paid in full...but they changed that and took that off for me. It was the DMV that told me I wouldn't be fined when I took the truck on my trailer to get the VIN verified, so at least they took it off.

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
I actually started driving out to the DMV in Fallon where I was not known. Nice picture!

I think I mentioned to you before, I drove up to Fallon to look at a '46 with a 327 in it, but it needed a LOT of work. That was a lot of gas and time to get up there, 6 hours one way, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do to find a truck.

Looking at the pic you posted, it looks like he's lifted the tractor axle up and attached the tank to the wheel and just let the tractor run for a while...kind of like a rock polisher but using gravel inside the tank. I've heard you can just put dish soap and water inside and rinse it around, but it wouldn't have the same effect like gravel.

I have access to some gravel, but not sure how I would spin it. I have a forklift, but nothing like a tractor with big wheels other than the forklift itself. I need to ponder.

FWIW, it took a bit to get the truck started, but once it was fired up which it as able to do after a couple tries, it ran pretty well. I drove it all the way to the DMV, stopped in the drive through, it fired right up, and drove it over and parked in the lot, about 2 hours later after I finally got out of there, it fired right up again, and I drove it to the gas station, filled the tank up (it was only about 3 gallons shy of a full tank), and it fired right up and I drove it back to the yard. I put a bottle of lead substitute in the tank before I topped it off.

Still has a problem popping out of gear, but much of that could have to do with driving on a rough road. Monterey Hwy is pretty rough, that's where my yard is in Morgan Hill.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup