I've been keeping an eye open for a T5, but it's not one of the things I *NEED*, of course that never stopped me from getting something I wanted... grin

I don't want to spend too much right now, and currently committed to a 3211 NOS carb that has been rebuilt. I do want to get some 3rd row seats from an Escalade/Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban, but just haven't seen the right set at the right price yet. Ideally a set of black leather seats that are split in the middle would be my choice, but a 60/40 set would also be an option. I exchanged some mail with a guy that has a 1 piece 3rd row seat that is grey, not the best condition but no tears or stains. Those 3rd row seats are 48" wide.

While I really would like the T5, I think it probably makes more sense to replace the ring/pinion first as I have a 3.55 set that will go in my rear end, and I do have a 4.11 rear end at this time. I have the stock 3 speed tranny. My thought is if I do pull the tranny and see either worn gears or shifter fork, or similar, but first I should probably change the trans fluid and see if that helps at all. As I said, the road is pretty rough, but I know that shouldn't effect the trans too much...that glove box door keeps popping open when driving on the rough section, will need to look at that also.

And the worst part is that my yard is all dirt and now that the rainy season is here it will be a mess for several months. I really need to get the pickup home so I can work on it where my tools and driveway are. I looked at renting a bay with a hoist, but they want $80/hr for that...all of the sudden crawling under minimal space under truck got a lot more attractive! LOL

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup