Some Dana/Spicer 44s in GMC 4X4 pickups were limited slip. That is what I found, a '68. I cut the spring perches off and rewelded them where I needed them. I had a drive shaft that worked. I don't know what it is out of, just luck. Or as my wife says," If you have enough crap piled in the yard some of it is bound to fit something." There are lots of versions of 44s. I'm pulling the gears and limited slip carrier out of one we ran in my son's Studebaker. It has the keyed axles and hubs the Studes used. The carrier is from a GMC the gears are Studebaker , 4.27. The ones in Postal Jeeps are very narrow. There are at least two sizes of carrier and probably different splines. Dana 44 is a group with lots of interchangeable parts not just one size fits all. Some of the early open drive line Chevy pickup rearends will probably take your new gear set and bolt right into your truck.
The T5s also have a lot of interchange, as do many transmissions. I've rebuilt a couple but don't know a lot about them. There is a length of input shaft thing that can be fixed with a spacer or sometimes cutting 3/8" (I think) off of the shaft. The split count is a matter if finding the right clutch plate or maybe a different input shaft. Can of worms. smile

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain