Only two counties in Nevada have smog regs but they both are pissed and blame their air quality on the surrounding counties who don't have enough cars to dirty the air if we all went to the cities at once. We'll have state wide smog rules at the end of the next legislative session along with California and Massachusetts gun laws. Another Virginia right here. Two Commie Counties and 15 American counties.
A couple of years ago a young friend drove his '59 Caddy to Reno. It smoked just a little at the bottom of a long hill. A local phoned the cops and they impounded his car. A cop here pulled me over because he saw smoke in a group of cars he was meeting on the road. He turned around and pulled the oldest one over, me. The smoker got away while he was trying to convince me that I was the polluter. I said," Where's the smoke? There's no smoke coming from my truck." He kept me there for several minutes revving the engine while he checked everything on the truck.He gave me a verbal warning and left. And we are supposed to respect them. Only when they respect us!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain