Originally Posted By: jalopy45 #4899
Well so far we have no smog tests here in southern Oregon, they do in the major cities. Maybe that's why the Californians come up here and buy cars and trade in their old ones.

jalopy,

That was certainly the case 40+ years ago when I lived in Oregon for about a year and a half. A lot of people used to register their cars in Oregon as it was much cheaper and easier to register. Even back then, the migration was taking place and while all the Oregonians hated the Californians, I bet they dominate the State today.

The one odd thing about Oregon had always been that people couldn't pump their own gas, is that still true today? About 10 years ago I was visiting my sister and the attendant in Grants Pass damn near was gonna shoot me for trying to pump my own gas. I did bring back a '63 Chevy pickup, even came with a gun rack in the back window! wink

I used to live in Cottage Grove 40+ years ago, but came back to Cali as Lane County Community College wanted outrageous registration fees for school, since I was considered a non-resident.

TRIVIA: I moved up there about '77, it had been legal for girls to go topless at the University of Eugene, but several months after I moved there they put a ban on that... frown

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup