Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Life would be easy if we only had one project at a time.

Ain't that the truth...I just called my contractor to find out if the electrical is in yet, but no it's not...so still waiting on that piece for my lake project.

I have a number of project on my pickup that are lining up as well...so the backlog is building... blush

Progress is often a little here and a little there but it's all progress. If you can find friends to help you can sometimes make more progress and enjoy being with a them at the same time.

Funny you mention that, I have a friend that has a car hoist in his garage. He's having a get together and requested that if anyone had a project that some of the people could get together and work on, maybe we could plan something out...it's all metalworkers, but there's a few different things that needs to be done in regards to fabricating...including welding some type of angle along the bottom of the cab and fabricating something to hold the seat in place.

I'm thinking with some help it might be possible to get the ring/pinion, carb/hard-lines, welding to fix rust, and seat mounted in the 'ol '46 that there could be something for everyone and it might be able to get done in a day.

Years ago I redid the wood in the bed of my '53. I bought a kit and new metal strips. I had the strips powder coated. It didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. The wood didn't either. I just treated it with wood preservative and sealer.

I'm thinking to use resin on it, possibly West Systems. I have some strips of hard maple that I think would work out nicely.

I have a '50 GMC that I got for parts. The original wood in the bed is almost as good as new. It was painted with a paint that looks a lot like what is on the good wood in the '26 roadster. I'd like to know what that is. I thought about doing the bed with some of the new decking material.

Mine has been redone before, possibly when the PO put the gas tank in the bed, but the wood looks like skis with the ends all warped up...I know I can do better than that! smirk

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup