I called and ordered one. They don't sell many of these so they take one of their other 292 cams and regrind it to these specs. Maybe a shortage of blanks? I remember about the notches. He said the other mods I have planned will work with this one. It uses stock lifters, rockers, springs, and pushrods. Pushrods may need some thought depending on head and block deck cuts. It really shouldn't even need screw in studs though I think I have a set. I have a set of roller rockers too. They would take even more stress off of the system. Probably overkill.

Now for some pistons. I have a new set of 0.040 over Silvolites #1249 that are listed as 8.0 to 1. They have pins and rings. They should be fine. By the time the head and block are shaved some and the right head gasket 9.0 to 9.5 should be within reach. That's enough. I have a set of reconditioned rods and an almost new crank. Probably a bearing set kicking around somewhere.

Many years ago a

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain