Could this be the place when a 194 head could be a good thing?

I have reread some posts here about 194 heads including the near toxic one where Toms famous dyno test were quoted extensively. There was a lot of information but I am not as convinced now as I was then. The tests were mostly made at 2000+ rpm and the 194 head was bone stock. I'm not sure what cam was used with it because I lost my test results in a computer crash.

I have several heads with a few 194s among them. I just purchased a Crower cam with a working range from idle to 3500 rpm with a red line at 45000+. In this application 70 mph will occur at 2000rpm and it will do much of it's work well below that. Would a 194 head with 1.84" intakes & 1.60" exhaust valves and lumps be a help or hinderance? The pistons are rated a 8.0 -1, The head gasket is a Fel Pro 1025 .041". No head or block decking yet. (I think)

MILEAGE COMPU-PRO / Performance
Level 1 - Enhances mileage and torque in stock engines. RPM Power Range: Idle to 3500 / Redline: 4500 plus.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 04/09/20 05:28 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain