When I get into this kind of stuff I'm reminded of the description of the main character in the old Cowboy song "Yavapai Pete"...Not much of a thinker but more of a drinker...

I have read what I can find about the re-shaping of the boss because I think that is where low flow, Low RPM Torque will come from. The only descriptions I have found say "wing shape". Wings are rounded in the front, leading edge, and taper to the back edge. Not getting into how wings work by using difference in air pressure to create lift part of their job is the use the round front to push air above and below the wing and close it back together creating as little turbulence as possible. I have a book on aerodynamics that says the most aero shape in nature is a raindrop.

So to me it seems that the boss should be as raindrop shaped as possible, smooth and rounded in the front and tapered as thin as possible in the back. The object in to allow the air to flow as easily and evenly around the boss and curate as little turbulence in the back of the port as possible.

Rockets and bullets (especially boat tails) are pointy in the front and taper to the rear but have a blunt back. That is because that in where the moving force in applied and they can't be pointy in the back.

The footings on the Golden Gate bridge are pointy on both ends to split the flow and put it back together smoothly. This seems ideal if there is enough material and space but I'm afraid we could wind up with more of a port divider than we want if we add material.

One thing for sure is that these heads work pretty well at low RPM just the way they are and we don't want to make it worse. "Not much of a thinker....."

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain