Turbo are cheap and easy to get. Roots blowers not so much. Centrifugal SCs are, comparatively, way expensive. It is easier to make or get a turbo exhaust, than a roots type blower intake manifold. Even if using dual exhaust, it needs to be Y'd into 1 to mate with the turbo flange (see Power Nation's turbo 292 build). Blowers are parasitic. If designed correctly, turbos present minimal back pressure and as Larry pointed out, that makes the available waste product of inefficient internal combustion available to be reused for more HP...a lot more.

I have a manifold for a 3/4-71 for my engines but the cost of just blower, I have found is more than the parts for my entire turbo setup.

If you compare apples to a different kind of apples...the intake charge will need to be cooled (or not) for both. If not, and you use draw-thru with a turbo, it's even cheaper to implement (no intercooler). If so, you'll need a water/meth injection for both or you can use an intercooler for the turbo setup. Again, cheaper.

I personally would love nothing more then putting a 4-71 on one of my cars. Having a blower sticking out where a blower doesn't belong. That distinct whine and sucking of air.

Sigh...anyone have an extra roots blower :-)

Regards,
RJ