Hey guys. I'm about to purchase a 292 for my '69 C10 long bed. The owner either built or had it built to go in a '64 Chevy II to make it a "12 second car". The trans is a 700R4 and a 3:08 rear ratio. The engine is currently in his car now. At some point he changed his mind and went with a slightly milder cam. It's still pretty big though he couldn't give me the specs on it. The head has been modified by Mike Kirby with lump ports. I don't know what if any porting has been done or valve sizes. It has 1.75 ratio rockers. No idea on the compression. It has a Holley 4bbl sitting on a Clifford intake and to me looked like stainless steel headers. I've ridden in the car and with this combination it does feel streetable.

My truck is pretty stock with an SM465 4 speed compound low and I suspect 3:73 rear gears. I do mostly regular street and freeway driving with some light towing. It would be nice to surprise a few people at a light but it's not a priority. Do you have any suggestions for a milder cam?

Last edited by strummin67 I.I.; 10/11/20 11:39 AM.

Martin
'64 Nova wagon
'69 C10