Martin, a 292 in your C10 would be great. It would be good to know exactly what the cam is as the cam is the heart of performance. Will you also get the 700R4 and will you keep your Stock rear end or does the 3:08 rear come with it?

I am in the process of building a "truck" 292 build for my '68 C20 flatbed. 292, 700R4, and 3:55 gears. In OD. with the tires I run at 70mph the engine would be turning 2,000 rpm. It should be a stump puller anywhere below that. I got a low RPM cam from Crower but Tom Lowe has one also. Here are a couple of links to truck engine builds. I know you aren't really going this way but it may help because most of what is on this site is total race or street/race based.

Lumps in a truck

Best 292 truck cam

If you get the 292 please post pictures of your installation. I'm replacing a worn out 350 so There will be a few mods necessary mostly mounts and power steering brackets. Right now mine is a 350/turbo400, Dana 60 3;55 dual wheel with a ratcheting locker.

Tom

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain