At first I seemed to be working pretty well on memory and depth perception was less of a problem than now. Lots of little things like people handing me things or reaching to pick something up. Lucky for all I think I am closer to the things than I am. At a gas station it looks like I'm going to take out the pump. When I get out sometimes the hose barely reaches. But I don't run into stuff. My friend is the opposite. He thinks he has more room than he does. His truck is dented all over.
I had to learn to drive nails all over. It looks like I'm hitting them sidewise. Only once while turning off a gas air compressor that had a lever that grounded the spark plug I missed the lever and touched the spark plug. The engine didn't shut off. I developed a new strategy. It is very hard to drill holes exactly where I need them. It takes more time to set thins up on the mill or drill press. The lathe is not so much of a problem. Catching things is tough. How many one eyed ball players are there? It might be an advantage in shooting since you sight with only your dominate eye. It might be a good defense for not allowing an attacker to get within 20 feet. I hate shopping or even being in crowded places and at first I was very scared to go into the horse corral. I'm pretty easy to sneak up on from my left.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain