Beater,

I completely agree, and I know I won't be using this for towing, other than 1000 lbs. in the bed. I think I will drive it empty most of the time. No trailers, just haul items in the bed as I go shopping and such. I want something that is reliable and that I feel confident that I can jump in and drive 200 miles if needed, which would include hills, flats, and everything in between. My property in Lake County is 3 hours from the house (175 miles). I'd like to have a truck I would feel confident in driving that far and know I'll make it back home. I don't need it to haul a trailer, I will use another truck for that.

In that regard the lower gearing in 5th gear is the most important to me.

Good news. Joe got back to me and is going to exchange my 3.55 set for a 3.38 set for the 2nd series. cool

Once I find a T5 I'll be set. grin

Funny story about me and Mothertrucker...we were banned from the VCCA site at the same time. Both of us hate those pukes with a vengeance. I will NEVER, EVER have anything good to say about the VCCA. whistle

You might wonder what we did or said...well, we were talking about ring and pinion gears in the truck forum, and that's supposedly only allowed in the Modified forum, because it's modifying a Chevy from original. WTF ??? Well, my truck doesn't have the original spark plugs either...I'm gonna go cry...

For anyone reading this, don't join the VCCA, it's a waste of money. They're just a bunch of old women sitting around the knitting table. Rather than create some trailer queen that you tow around to shows, drive 'em! Like all cars, that's what they were intended to do!

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup