Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Lucky for us there are places where we can discuss this stuff. Lucky for them they don't have to listen. It seems like every site has it's rules and I know it takes a lot of work to attempt to keep our ramblings in some sort of order. Many sites get really pissy if you post in the wrong spot or heaven forbid something from the wrong year.

I've posted in the wrong forum here, or should I say wrong data. I posted some V8 stuff, but had stock49 remove it after I realized.

The VCCA makes me unhappy I can't discuss anything, they nitpick over so much. Many of the questions on their site are asking stuff like, "how many points do I lose if I don't have authentic wire? Stuff like that...

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
it sounds like you are well on your way to building a truck that will work for you. It is good that you won't have to make big modifications so if you decide later that something else will work better it's not a big deal. I have had both a closed and open driveline version of the 4 speed "granny gear" pickup trans, a Saginaw 4 speed, and a T-5 and could go back to the stock setup with no problems.

I'm looking forward to having better RPMs, the old ring/pinion are on their way back to Mothertrucker and I'm awaiting the replacements. In the meantime I'll be on the lookout for a T5. If I can get the rear end cleaned up and get the new r/p installed in it, I might be able to use the '55 trans to connect it all up. Of course if I find a T5 I'll swap it out.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup