Ok, not sure where I am with the guy who has the mechanical speedo S10 T5, but I'm still scheduled to pickup the '93 S10 T5 with electronic speedo, and convert it.

Beater, I was asking this in the previous message, but removed it as I thought I was going to get this one that would have better gearing, but the 4.03 ratio rots for our trucks from what I've read. The .76 is not too bad on the 5th, but if I had my choice I would probably go with 3.73 on the 1st gear. My question is what do I need to change on a WC T5, so it has the synchros inside the gear, but I'm mainly wondering what needs to be done if I wanted to change 1st gear, as an example, do I only need to change the gear on the mainshaft ? I see a lot of gears, but they seem to be sold separately with no opposing gear, and this makes me wonder if those helical looking gears can mesh up with the opposing gear on the countershaft no matter what is on the mainshaft. Any thoughts of wisdom? Honestly, I don't really need the WC in my truck, not like the 235 is gonna blow it up, but the added bearings can't be bad. wink

EDIT: Update

Ok, not as bad as I had thought, I did cancel on the first guy with the '93 WC, but if for any reason the other guy with the mechanical speedo model falls through, I will buy the WC. I know the WC is the better trans, just that it will require more work. But I would get a better trans, IMO. I don't really need it, I think the non-WC will be such a difference, it will be like night and day...

The other guy has 3 T5s for sale, 2 are for Mustangs and this one is from a '91 S10, but he doesn't have a tag number. He said it was smooth and it shifted smoothly in all the gears. However, it's a strange deal...this trans is in storage and he owe's about $300 back rent on his storage, so they took his code out of the fence lock. I would hope they will let us in to see the trans before he has to pay as he need most of the money to pay his back rent. This is all seems like a craigslist debacle. But I have the '93 WC in the pocket if this falls through.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 07/17/21 02:25 AM. Reason: Update

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup