Ok, a long hot day on the road to snatch the '93 WC T5. The 2nd guy with the mechanical speedo was a giant flake, and finally this morning after my Bay Area Inliner metting at 11:00am, he said he was not able to get a hold of the storage office, or get them to call him back...I just said, thanks you, I'll buy the first one I was looking at. This is a 1352-216 tag. He gave me the bell housing with the clutch fork, which I need like a hole in my head. Maybe I can sell the bell housings on craigslist.

And the new 3.38:1 ring and pinion arrived today, that was faaaasssssstttt service from Mother Trucker. I can't thank enough for his more than warranted exchange. I bought the old set about 2-1/2 years ago. They were unused, I had never mounted them though. whistle

This set is a 44 tooth ring gear with a 13 tooth pinion. (3.384615385)

My hope is that the 3.38:1 might offset the 4.03 1st gear and make it slightly more tolerable, as hopefully the .76 on the 5th would be more tolerable also. I will see soon enough. First thing to do is convert to mechanical speedo, I think I'm gonna send it to the guy in Washington on YouTube, he charges $200, you send your electronic speedo, he converts it and supplies all the parts.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup