Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
You can not focus on the money. It's the improvement to your '46 and all the fun you are having that counts. Money is just the means to an end. laugh

It's not about the money, but I'm glad I have the money at the moment to get all these parts. cool Some I had, but still, I had to buy them and they came out of my pocket at some point, but it's all moot...it's a hobby, we don't really need to justify our hobbies, they put smiles on our faces! smile

I mentioned before, I was in love with a '42 with dual intake Fenton, upgraded rear end, 235 like most all upgrade to, et al. I could have gotten it for $23k, but out of work at the time and no equity line to leverage.

When I did have cash I was able to pick this one up for $8k, ended up about $9k with shipping. I don't feel bad about dropping $2k into this, I knew when I bought it that it could potentially cost me more than $23k to get in the condition the other one was in, but not even sure I want to do that with this one...I like the patina. As you elude to, it's mostly about the journey. I'm just making it more convenient to drive. Still not sure what I'll do about navigation and/or radio, but I see some CarPlay panels that looks promising. I could use my phone like I do now, but I gotta have tunes while I drive, and a larger panel for navigation would be really nice. The rest is fine with me, steering wheel, brake, gas...and clutch/shifter. smile

EDIT: in case anyone is wonder, this is Alloy Specialties website:

http://t56cablespeedometer.com/

And here's a couple pics of her work, I converted these to 480x640 THUMBNAILS so I could post here. Posting images here is pathetic at best. whistle

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 07/29/21 03:26 PM. Reason: Add Alloy Specialties website link and reduce images to micro resolution

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup