Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
I need to learn to follow directions. I think my wife bought me a T-shirt that says that. laugh

You and me both, and I think my wife bought me a shirt that says it also, or maybe the kids... grin

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Are you coming to the convention in Carson City in September?

No, unfortunately I won't be making it. Several of the local folks were encouraging me to go, but they said there's no tool swapmeet going on, and I don't think I can get my truck drive able to Carson City, 80 is a tough grade...probably won't have it in overdrive when I do make the trip over your way. I'm not in it for the dinner, I'd more be in it to meet others like you. We will most likely meet at some point as we're close, but this year is probably not it.

To continue on with my project, I used my little mapp torch to get this stubborn bolt out, probably red loctite, not sure. I took it to about 400 F. according to my thermal temp. Came out fairly easy, using a vice grips. Can probably reuse it, may get a matching one like the others.

Got it opened and counted the important teeth. The counter shaft 4th gear is a 37 as I had hoped, and my input shaft is in fact 21 tooth, so my OD is .86, the most important, and my 1st is is better also. I have a 32 tooth on the main shaft for 1st gear.

And finally, everything is in really nice condition, pad have just some slight wear on them, but it's all being replaced as I rebuild this.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup