Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
In my opinion the only reason this website exists now is because of the things Stock49 has been able to patch up and improve.

I sent him a PM, but he hasn't read it in a few days.

This should be discussed at the convention but I doubt if it will be.

Too bad as I think it's an important part of their future.

There is a treasure trove if inline information hidden here that is far to difficult to retrieve. Posting pictures, even with the newer system, is just too time consuming. That is why my build thread is on the HAMB. I tried here and on another site and the HAMB is so easy.

Agree again, and Stovebolt is easier also, they will allow images up to 5mb in size and you can post 5 per message. HAMB also, it's way easier to post pictures.

By the way I don't have a smart phone, my pockets aren't big enough.

But you use a computer, know how to post pictures and do it regularly. wink Look, it's not too fun to surf on a phone, but it's convenient and most people can get a PDF on their phone if they have to. This all reminds me of a user group I ran in L.A. during the late 80s. The treasurer took about $5k of membership money and there was really nothing we could do about it. Police said there was nothing they could do, as she was given access to the bank account.

After that I never charged a membership for a user group, EVER. And I ran several groups, one in L.A. with IBM, and one with Sun Microsystems in the Bay area, but have never charged money as a membership fee after that. I have always made it free after that lady ran off with our cash. I hope karma got her and caused more disruption in her life than she could imagine. smirk

That said, the writing is on the wall, there's no future in mailing hard copies to members, too much cost and work. The Internet is our future for better or worse, it's not something that the Inliners can solve, the world has already made that decision.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup