Funny, I just saw this tool on Rock Auto, but for $10 w/shipping at your link, I think I'll get it, IF my pry bars won't work. I have some crow foot pry bars.

This is the one from Rock Auto.

I will need to get a seal, so even if I destroy it getting it out (like one on the T5 tailshaft), as long as I can save the bearing, or hope I can save the bearing. All the bearings seem in pretty good shape so far. Would you recommend new bearings or use the ones in the axles if they look ok? New bearings are most likely inferior...LOL

Mostly the flange kind of confused me. Looking at it now it is nothing but a taper bearing with a seal on top, race behind the bearing I am guessing.

EDIT: no, it's not a tapered bearing, it's a roller bearing with a caged race, or IOW, no race behind the bearing, it's built in.

EDIT2: I just ordered 2 rear axle outer seals and a pinion seal for the front of the diff. Missing 1 wheel stud, so ordered 4 studs and 4 nuts just to be safe. Tried to knock the rear axle seal out but couldn't see well and knocked the axle off the jack stands. I'll wait for daylight in the morning.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 08/17/21 02:25 AM. Reason: roller bearing, not a tapered bearing

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup