Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
The seal will just tap in with a hammer. It looks like the puller ifn the picture is meant to be used with a breaker bar. Did the bearing come out?

I didn't try yet, been busy with work...I'm swamped. Might not be able to really get to it until Saturday, but still hoping I can get it cleaned before Sat.

The bearing has a lot of grease and I didn't have nitrile gloves on, so didn't try to get it out, but with all that grease I suspect the bearing will come out fine. Hoping the race does as well...LOL

I have 1 more hard line to remove from one of the wheel cylinders and will use the new cordless angle grinder on it...I tested it out, it really cleans it up nicely. I need to get the other half of the hardline off first, then use a wire wheel and clean it up good, simple green it, and rinse heavily and let it flash rust before I put that Rust Doctor on it. I want to see what the flash rust looks like, if it's even, etc...but I suspect all the grease needs to come off...the other thing is use the grease doctor on it, I might be able to use that and leave that extra hardline on it. I need to clean up all the parts and get the 3.38 r/p installed in the carrier as well. I have a bit of work, but hope to get the axle and T5 all ready before I even take the torque tube out.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup