Ran into a small issue, of course as I continue to rebuild this the more parts I seem to end up buying...

One of the carrier bearings was pooched. I ordered them late last night about 2:00am, and O'Reilly's will have it in by 5:00pm. These are National Wheel bearings, pretty common. Saved me about $60 from ordering them from Jim Carter... whistle I ordered both, no use in putting the other one back. I will take this into O'Reilly's with me and if it doesn't fit the race or the face outside is not the same size, or the inside of this, I will just return it without even bringing it home. O'Reilly's is actually pretty good, you order it and they ship it the next day for most stuff, they can even get it to your local store the same day in some cases. Truly a great resource. cool However, you do have to pay up front and if you return it you need to wait up to 3 days for it to process your credit card refund.

(hoping they work out)

EDIT: Bzzztttttt, wrong bearing. The counter guy ordered 2 others but I'm certain they're wrong also, they don't even look like a tapered bearing in the picture, nothing like these with the race. frown

Here's a closeup of the damaged bearing, the bearings are flopping around and/or the cage is loose, but either way this bearing is not going back in. I ordered both of them. I probably could have ordered the outside wheel bearings from them as well. Oh well, got those from Jim Carter...still in transit.

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 08/21/21 11:24 PM. Reason: wrong bearing after all

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup